PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Large scale Multi party action against CASA.
Old 26th Nov 2010, 22:54
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all;

I have only just finished replying to a heap of PM's encouraging me to greater efforts. It is inspirational stuff when a lot of people without a real issue support the action if only because they have witnessed the incompetence and bastardisation of others.

One of the first things I was asked by Slater and Gordon was if I was ringing on behalf or had anything to do with a Union. I didn't, but it surprised me they asked and I don't know why.

Stonewalled stuff is the food of lawyers I would imagine and adds to the notion of a regulator out of control that will stop at nothing to defend their stupidity.

I can only encourage you to pass what you have on, if only as a collector or collator of evidence on behalf of your members. Even if they have thing about Unions, they should at least read the stuff in conjunction with others received if it has a common theme.

I was told yesterday by one respondent the problem with claiming personal injury against CASA especially if there is a mental stress, anxiety component is that CASA then use that as an admission on your part and relieve you of your licence on health grounds.

I believe this to be a classic bastardisation of the system when they caused the stress in the first place and then perpetuate the possibility of someone flying and "bottling up" this stress because of it.

Doesn't sound very safe to me. They should encourage self diagnosis and self action of mental stress related illness. CRM seems wasted if this is the attitude.

I believe lawyers have a scale to measure and quantify stress and anxiety and in cases such as this, I would imagine it would be into six figures if one's livelihood was definently at risk by such an admission.

This aspect is probably a claim in it's own right.

If you make one, make it a good one. How much would you loose if you lost your job, in dollars per annum from now to when you would normally be expected to retire from the flight deck. Then add a factor to make someone sit up and listen and $jit themserlves.

Go for it people.