PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Between a Rock and a Hard Place?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 12:17
redsnail

PPRuNe Handmaiden

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
A useful tip would be to do a search for airfields in the bush that have flying schools and charter companies there. I am a bit out of the loop but I dare say you have a grade 2 or possibly a grade 1 instructor rating? That is often very useful to charter companies because you can "easily" slot into C&T. If the charter company has a flying school as well then you can be quite useful to them. Some of my friends have done that and combined instructing with charter and eventually moving onto the twins.
I think many charter firms aren't fond of instructors (high time) because of a percieved work ethic. I don't recall too many instructors doing 50 hourlies or assisting in 100 hourlies, washing aircraft and so forth.
If you can show your prospective employer that you will do the mucky stuff then I am sure you'll be given a go.
What you will have to do is be realistic about getting onto twins immediately and cop some more single time. Move to the areas that are known to take on people with low hours on twins and make yourself known.
So, do a search online via the yellow pages and make some phone calls. Then plan the attack.
Have a look here for more advice.