PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NORWICH
Thread: NORWICH
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 20:23
Phil Space

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niknak wrote..
There's no doubt that previous Management at Norwich made a very grave error with their attitude to G/A.
I can absolutely assure you that everyone, except the recently departed M.D. saw through it, but he went to the Ryanair University of Belligerence and came out with 1st Class Honours and refused to listen.

However, the new development by Saxonair will make a difference. http://www.saxonair.com
They're in it for the long term and are extremely supportive.
They will be handling all G/A who don't have anywhere else to go, and their refreshing, level headed attitude to everything and everyone aviation will hopefully attract new and old back to Norwich. they've already managed to attract CHC from North Denes which will be a significant increase in rig passengers.

For the airport itself, it's going to be a long old slog, the new M.D has a huge amount to do and the Airport Owners have to make some sensible decisions regarding debts, if they don't it'll be like this for a long time to come.

As for Phil Space, well folks, he makes a habit of knocking airports and airfields he has the most minor grudges with. A brief look at his posts over the years will clearly demonstrate that he's someone with a great deal to say about nothing at all.
I know who he is and before I leave I'd like to invite him on a tour of Norwich Airport, then he can personally share his mirth with those who are about to lose their jobs and those whose posts may under threat, all of whom are worrying if they'll still own a home in the New Year. What a giggle that would be eh?

I'll let you know how I get on!
We the answer is Niknak has been very quite since he posted that.I sent him a detailed reply which I am happy to post but where is his response.?

There is no mirth in people losing jobs but there is no justification in little airports like Norwich finding they have nine managers and one director surplus to requirements.People like me have to fund that infrastructure.

In supermarket terms Norwich is or should be a Lidl and not an M & S.

As for me I am here in Norfolk for a few more weeks before heading back for the winter to Asia using Emirates from LHR