PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 11:44
SaturnV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBS,
because of United Airlines Flight 811 and its linchpin of the sudden sound followed by an abrupt power cut to the FDR.
I have read the NTSB report on UA 811 and find no reference to power being cut to the FDR. Perhaps you could cite the section where that fact appears in the report. (There is a reference to the NTSB's examination of FDR data, but nothing that I can find about data being missing because the FDR power was cut.)

And on your correspondence to the President, his staff, heads of Cabinet departments and agencies, etc.: did none of these individuals reply to you? I saw no evidence of such on your website. Perhaps you might have gotten more attention if you had written to the Director of the U.S. Secret Service and the Commander of the Air Force's 89th Airlift Wing who are most directly responsible for and interested in the safe operation of Air Force One. Indeed, I'm quite sure if you had persevered in your correspondence to the Director of the Secret Service, an agent would have visited you.