PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First solo today...
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 13:20
Kolossi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O...K...

So let's bring the thread back to solos....

Congrats Loumate, I know what a great feeling and achievement it is as I've just got back from doing my first solo today. As you know I've now got to tell anyone and everyone for the next couple of days so here I am

It was great weather for it at Headcorn - once the leading edge on the C150 was defrosted anyway! Not a bump at any stage and very good vis in cloudless skies. Did a couple of circuits, EFATO, Glide Approach etc with instructor on board then off on my own. I did forget Carb Heat cold ready for G/A at 2-300' a couple of times in the previous approaches but managed to remember on the solo. Having done some rather good landings if I say so myself during the practices (well there was just a tame headwind!), on the solo it was more of a "fly it on" than "stall it on". I think it was because I over-compensated for not wanting to balloon it with one less onbaord, but still main gear first so all round ok.

Like previous posters have said it all goes so very, very quickly. It's a great feeling to have done it and I enjoyed it a lot but in some way's it's as much of a relief at the mo to have "got it over with", meaning I can enjoy the flying as opposed to being funnelled into the "when am I going solo" thinking that can't be helped as it approached.

I don't think I'll get into the "how many hours?" debate if you don't mind, but if you want to know PM me!

It's now official - I'm a (student) pilot, me !!!