PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building during the Winter
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 10:07
Flight Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Free" Added Value.

And don't forget the "free" training value for flying in the UK or Western Europe for that matter. Challenging weather, winds, rain, low level clouds, lots of traffic, bussy Airspace and so on. Flying in de US is great, been there many times. Have completed FAA CPL there (and JAA ATPL in Europe). If you can, go there, but be wise and consider the possibility in the initial part of your training. Later on, when CPL is completed and you have gained more experience, just building hours is something else then gaining the first experience at all. I’ve seen too many young pilots to fail a grading because they only flew the great weather in Arizona or Florida. Where it is IMC already if they see a cloud at all (LOL). Seriously, if it is only for the money and building hours, go for the best value, but don’t forget the additional experience flying in high intensity airspace and challenging weather. Go to busy airports like London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Amsterdam. It’s gone cost you a lot of money (if you land there), but after 25 years of flying I still remember those flights that taught me more than just the hours in my logbook. Good luck with your training.