PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Expands in Australia
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 08:23
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirAsia have had their fair share of incidents. Mainly hard landings and tailstrikes, the majority of their crew are fairly low houred, especially on the 330.
Purely personal opinion, but I've seen them in action and thought they had a worrying case of Get-There-Itis on a couple of weather related occasions. On the other hand, they got there in the end and they have a good rep for service and advising pax about what's included in the price, unlike a number of LCCs (oh, you want an aircraft with two wings? That'll be an extra $20 ).

To pinch a bayou expression, ya pays yo' money and ya gets yo' chance . Many 'dubious' carriers (both LCC and full cost) have no trouble attracting pax and don't pretend to be anything other than cheap 'n' dodgy. I've no problem with that, but a big problem with carriers that trade on their reputation for being safe and honourable while using the same cost saving practices as their cheap 'n' dodgy rivals. Just my $0.02.
J* can get lil starving biafrans to crew the flights for a crew meal and bottle of water.
That's funny. Designer bottled water or just the home brand stuff?

Last edited by Worrals in the wilds; 26th Nov 2010 at 08:41.