PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building during the Winter
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2010, 08:03
Halfbaked_Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
donogca,

First of all, very very well done on finishing the old ATPLs

I don't have much to say, only I reccommend you at least weigh up the costs and benefits of actually staying in the UK to do it. I was originally looking at Chandler, and indeed AZ in general, however the total costs involved weren't worlds apart when you totted in flights, visa etc.

Just consider this - in the UK and ROI you will finally have a real opportunity (and excuse!) to fly all over the country and visit all the places you always wanted to, including some of the continent also. I did this last Winter, and can tell you that spending 50 hrs over the course of one or two months in the UK this time of year will really hone in those command skills and decision making when marginal weather rears its ugly head along route. One worry for me was, is 50 hrs going to be too much to see the UK and ROI and am I going to end up for a few hours just bimbling around? Simple answer... Nope! Not even close.

There is of course the obvious attraction that AZ is an entirely new experience (and I DO sometimes wonder whether I should have taken the opportunity), and you'll feel like you're off on holiday, which was one of the big pull factors for me at least!

I'm biased neither way, I just wanted to throw it out there.

Best of luck to you, whatever path you decide upon!