PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 10:17
Eff Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
teropa

Don't even know why I am bothering.
To go around on a B757/B767 all you need do is hit the go around switches. The aircraft will annunciate "G/A, G/A" will rotate to 15deg on its own and will apply power to satisfy a 2000ft/min RoC. It will maintain the instantanious track when the switch was pushed. If your systems knowledge is so good, why didn't you know this?? Also by the time you disarmed the speed brake and did all the things you are talking about, you would be on the ground! You do not need to retract the speed brake, if you apply power (the exact amount escapes me) they will autostow. Oh and another thing that springs to mind is that to get the spoilers to extend on the ground, you need to select reverse thrust. Normaly do that on a go around do you??
As for your 3 engine failures, bad luck old boy! I have been flying for 8 years and have had one stop during an aerobatic maneouver. (Was our own fault) Which duely restarted. Talking to a captain yesterday who has been flying for 30years and has NEVER had one fail. So I guess if you did get you hands on this B767, given your track record, it wouldn't be too long before an engine failed, and you had that to contend with too!!!!

Happy (simulated) landings.

Eff Oh