PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Could this happen: a non-pilot landing a heavy jet ??
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 10:05
teropa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Captain Stable,

Thanks for the opinion!

I agree 100% with what you say. Although the discussion was not about whether the flight simmer would be invited to the flight deck or not . That's the only "snag" I have .. heh

On another note, I would be very interested to know if the "approach" I took to Pilot Pete's imagined scenario of a/c commencing flare @ 50ft with throttles (a/t) idle (using autoland).

Could you see my reply to Pete and see what would go wrong/right etc ? No one has commented on that yet...

tunneler,

For crying out loud!!

If it makes you feel better, I'll edit the post where I say "failure". This is a matter of semantics !! Regardless of what I say, the situations ended up in a "hurried" landing into nearest airport with engine giving partial/no power (taking turns).

I almost couldn't believe what I just read. Honestly, seems that some (YOU this time) are really being wound up about this scenario, enough to just dismiss what I have said, to make me look fool enough to easily ridicule the scenario in question.

I've got news for you: it ain't gonna happen. If the discussion is not enough for you (in the means of virtual "slaughter" of a wannabe, that's what you're aiming at, aren't you?), then please post your stupid comments elsewhere.

Tero

ps. have you ever seen an idling prop engine (or jet engine for that matter) give anymore power than a full-stop one ?

EDIT: Sorry about that Tunneler. I just got a little carried away. The situations were real and didn't feel good at all. I just don't like the implications, even if they were done in a polite way.

Last edited by teropa; 23rd Aug 2002 at 10:10.