PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2010, 22:18
SloppyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe CX is one of the world's best airlines with its safety record and they provide excellent training. You don't get to that position by treating your staff badly and reporting a record profit
Your joking right?? You know absolutely nothing about working here if not.

If you think that the living and working conditions at CX are as bad as some of the posts are making it out to be why don't you politely move on to other carriers (if your at CX) and make space for people like me that are genuinely interested in working for CX.
WITH housing allowance it makes it worthwhile but think about this. Why are the majority of CX pilots based, they gave up housing allowance to go back home and pay 30-40% tax rather than 15% here. That is well over a 50% paycut. Think about that for a minute and you may start to understand that people saying there are better places than HKG and CX are actually telling the truth.

Living in HK is expensive but you can rent places for around £1000/m and you don't need to live in a mansion just because you're a pilot
I dislike you because of this comment. I and all of the guys I work with worked hard to get where we are and I expect to be paid well for the job I do. Its people like you with your, OMG I am gonna fly a big airliner and will do anything you want if you give me that chance, attitude that will lower conditions for everyone, move over so I can do it for less, as you stated earlier