PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cottesmore 24th Nov – Harriers Back from the boat (images)
Old 25th Nov 2010, 19:48
Man-on-the-fence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cottesmore 24th Nov – Harriers Back from the boat (images)

At the risk of getting a load of abuse for being a lowly spotter I thought some of you might like to see these. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/nerd.gif

Probably my final visit to RAF Cottesmore , my hope was to get the special tailed examples as they came back from the Boat. I was treated to some of the best light I have seen here and some of the coldest temperatures as well.

First Launch

Strobetastic

Returning from the Boat, the last British Harriers to go to sea

The 1Sqn Special very kindly pirouetted over the 22 threshold for us. I think he knew what his audience wanted.

The Navy special flew two approached finishing with this nice curved one, makes a change from the side on shots.

What I will miss about Cottesmore is how close to the action one can get at the runway 22 end.

In the afternoon the runway was changed to 04. This made things harder but I persisted in the hope of catching the departure of the Navy jets to Yeovilton. Then as quick as a flash they were gone!

My final ever shot of a flying British Harrier, taken from Cottesmore Cemetery looking over the graves of the airmen killed in World War 2. They will be here long after the Harriers are a distant memory, silently watching.

I am still editing my shots from the day, more to follow on my Blog and here if you wish. (so I dont upset the forum cops please Google Manonthefence and you should find it)

So long Cottesmore!