PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 25th Nov 2010, 11:13
INKJET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gate 22

Its a dog eat dog world out there, for a long time now bmi & especially baby have been far to cautious about taking on the competition, this lack of balls no doubt led to Flybe thinking there would be no reaction to moving in on EMA, i would guess that BHD would not have given the OK if it was just a EMA-BHD spat between Flybe & baby, but when offered all four bases, plus what is to come next year or risk the loss of LHR? what would you do?

Baby have shown that they can live with Ryanair on most routes, BFS was always an odd ball, in a clean sheet approach baby would have been at BHD & Ryanair at BFS where a longer runway means they can use their aircraft's range unrestricted.

I predict that BFS will have to talk to Ryanair now, in the past it was said that EZY,LS,WW had told BFS that if Ryanair came to BFS they would clear off, well the dynamic of that has now changed! would/could LS & EZY go anywhere? i doubt it? i see only two winners here BHD & WW