PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet PP
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2002, 04:32
franksnbeans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The class 1 medical is no biggy. For me, it was divided into two parts:. .The body doctor and the eye docter. .At the body doctors:. .- You have to stand on one foot.. .- **** in a cup. .- blow into some 'thingy' (I think to test for Asthma). .- colour blind test (reading different coloured numbers out of a book). .- blood test (ouch, but I didn't faint!). .- ECG (heart monitor). .- hearing test ('she be apples' if you don't listen to load music!). .- oh, and the worst; 'drop and cough', but don't worry, the docters hand aren't too cold because they will wear gloves

Eye doctor:. .full examination. doesn't hurt. they do much the same as a normal optometrist. But bring your sunglasses with you, as they will dialate your puples. Probably better if someone drives you there, because won't be able to see properly for a few hrs!

oh yeah, don't get laser surgery, as already stated above, wait until you need it done to pass the medical, by that time the technique will be 'tried and true'.. .good luck

fnb

[ 13 February 2002: Message edited by: franksnbeans ]</p>