PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 04:44
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Above is Aviation Safety Council of Taiwan released picture of the top part of the aft cargo door of China Airlines Flight 611. Note vertical tear lines in skin above door, missing pressure relief doors, intact hinge, longitudinal split, missing lower part, and general shattered appearance of door. Those observations are similar to other cargo doors of early model Boeing 747s that have ruptured open in flight.

Barry

Try again

JBS>Regarding quotes from my web site of correspondence to various officials:

They were written over a period of six years and I tried everything short of threats to get their attention. I tried humor, cajoling, whining, begging, and other humiliating efforts to get an audience. I tried these tactics after years of polite reasoning, pictures, research, and analysis. Some are bitter and angry, some are wrong as they were written before the reconstruction was complete. If you want to find emotional correspondence that makes me appear a fool, you probably can. So? I am trivial, my discovery is not. The evidence is there whether I am persuasive or not.

In all, about a thousand pages were sent to dozens of officials, media, Boeing, airlines, congressmen, etc. In addition another thousand pages were sent to discussion group on Trans World Airlines Flight 800. The web site was 150 megs with about a thousand pages, now cut to 500 to allow for the free search engine. The web site gets about an average of about 3000 requests a day every day, every week, every month since August 1996 for about a total of 6 million 5 hundred 75 thousands requests for information about the wiring/cargo door explanation. The computers requesting the data are in the millions also. Using an average of 100 megs downloaded a week means that 219 terrabytes have been transferred.

Why this is relevant is that you refer to a few ‘experts’ and I give you millions who pay attention. All the email responses follow a pattern: Those that disagree use profanity, insults, spelling errors, use capitals a lot, are somewhat coherent, and get their facts wrong. All those that agree are polite, knowledgeable, use proper sentences that make sense, and offer support.

Program started on Sun, Jun 02 2002 at 9:40 AM.
Analyzed requests from Sun, May 26 2002 at 12:42 AM to Sun, Jun 02 2002 at
12:09 AM (6.98 days).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Summary
---------------
(Figures in parentheses refer to the 7-day period ending Jun 02 2002 at
9:40 AM).

Successful requests: 26,483 (25,316)
Average successful requests per day: 3,795 (3,616)
Successful requests for pages: 10,464 (9,980)
Average successful requests for pages per day: 1,499 (1,425)
Failed requests: 294 (277)
Distinct files requested: 1,245 (1,232)
Distinct hosts served: 5,202 (5,035)
Corrupt logfile lines: 441
Data transferred: 864.230 Mbytes (825.951 Mbytes)
Average data transferred per day: 123.867 Mbytes (117.993 Mbytes)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the continued insults against me: Opinions noted, absence of facts to support allegations noted.

Regarding credentials of ‘experts’ who disagree with the shorted wiring/forward cargo door rupture/explosive decompression/inflight breakup explanation: I offer twisted metal to rebut, not other experts.

People like Bernie Loeb and Jim Wildey said that the probable cause of United Airlines Flight 811 was an improperly latched forward cargo door. The whole NTSB agreed, investigators nodded their heads, Boeing sighed and accepted it, the board members signed off, ADs were discussed....and they were wrong. Very very wrong.

So? To be wrong is human nature. To correct the errors is morally right. To call a shattered door latched and locked until water impact is not right. The NTSB of 1990 corrected the error of 811 with a new AAR. The NTSB of 2000 did not for TWA 800.

And it took two amateurs to get NTSB to find the true answer for United Airlines Flight 811; Kevin and Susan Campbell whose son died in United Airlines Flight 811. They spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own time and money to get the right answer and it was not an improperly latched cargo door but electrical.

When you start talking facts and evidence that can be seen, touched and evaluated and quit quoting expert opinions, then you will have assumed responsibility for your life. You will have started to think for yourself instead of regurgitating others’ views.

Experts told me my aircraft could fly with one engine out while dirty, it couldn’t. My pilot died and I almost did. Your thinking that the opinions of experts counts as truth is funny to me. It counts as opinion, just as my opinion does, nothing more, nothing less. The evidence is what counts.

The evidence speaks for itself if you can open your ears and listen to it.

Barry