PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NORWICH
Thread: NORWICH
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2010, 17:09
Phil Space

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil Space,

Go check on such a website as http://www.fly.com/uk/ and check out the fare on KLM, lets say, NWI/MNL/NWI then compare this to the fare AMS/MNL/AMS and one will come to realise the NWI/AMS/NWI sectors come very competively priced. ..... you have your own fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft operation yet you choose to travel with the likes of Ryanair and EasyJet? I'm a mere cheapskate, I don't have the money to land helicopters in hotel grounds but I have circa 38,000 accumulated KLM 'Flying Blue' points, shame on you you tight fisted basket!S. Just rushing to the toilet, a (supposed) professional pilot making statement that Ryanair make an airport look attractive.
You make some valid points.
KLM will charge you 375 UK pounds for a single fare NWI to AMS. However they offer a 3 month return for 135 pounds. (check it out on their website.)

As for your example of the flight NWI/MNL/NWI that is via Bangkok to Manila.
It used to be a bargain (China Airways) especially those travelling to BKK. However there are better options now via London airports so that traffic has moved.

I am not going to debate why private pilots are cost aware but trust me some people smoke and drink and others waste their money flying from no where to nowhere.

Norwich has a nice cafe looking out over the apron.

The place needs to adopt a more positive attitude to anyone turning up to either sightsee or see people off.

I am happy to waste my time suggesting ideas to the airport management to improve Norwich airport.

For starters they need to adopt the model of 20 years ago.