PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Employment - threads merged - all you need to know
Old 24th Nov 2010, 14:03
enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice would be needed

Hello everyone,

I am interested in working for EY or EK as a first officer. So, I've spent a lot of time on taking a look to this thread in detail. Now I need your advice from your experience in UAE. Please refer to below then If somebody gives me any advice, it will be really appreciated.

My status
-1500TT, 1200 on A320, 60hrs fight time a month, 12 dayoffs, lots of layover patterns, ATP, working for one of the star alliance members, married, kids, 6500 USD a month including per diem, redeye, etc.. 1500 USD in tax, B777 or B747 rating will be earned 2 years later.

Reasons for leaving
-Power distance between capt. and FO is really big. Even though it's getting better very slowly, still big. It often made FOs hesitate to advice to capt. even in go-around circumstance. Take over? no way!!

-To pass a medical check, we must maintain body condition similar as astronauts. It's true.

-Our salary is exactly same for 5 years. Despite of an increase every 5 years It might be similar as present pay. Inflation has soared every year. Nowadays bunch of brand new workers of big firms earn more than me.

-In my country, Education system is so weird, unreasonable in comparison with tuition, unefficient. Indeed I hope my kids would be under a good education in an international school.

-Relationship with CC. In my company, PIC means Purser In Command. it's not true officially. In exaggeration little bit, most of male purser and some of female purser think so and do as what they think. I really want to send sincere greetings to my colleague instead of silence and no eye contacting.

-Discrimination between pilots from civilaviation and pilots from the airforce. Later ones absolutely have most of right under company's preference such as upgrade, promotion to chief, executive... that means there is no reasonable rules like a seniority.

-Perhaps, I have to devote myselt to this company about 10 years more to become a skipper. I've already been here for 3 years. Around 17 years would be necessary to be in the cockpit of wide body. It's too long time. I don't want to stay at almost same salary for 12 years

Question
-I have two choices, applying to EY as a FO of A320 now or After getting B777 type rating, then 1 year later(totally 3 years later form now), trying to become a FO of EY or EK. Do you think which one is better for eliminating my complaint toward my current situation?

Sincerely I appreciate for you to spend on reading this and shring your ideas in advance. PM would be reallly welcome also.