PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX - Terms and Conditions, Questions & Answers.
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 02:41
jumpingdoc

I just finished the physical and the second interview.
The poop:
-They are looking to hire 250 or so next year for the A/C's on order.
-The classes are full untill Jan 03 with the 48 new hires. (Not replacement workers)
-1000 hrs is a little shy, very experienced pilots in my interview group, primarily from Canada.
-FAA ATP is OK, as well as Comm. lic, but not the best.
-Lasik is OK, if one year passed since the procedure and it is verified stabilized by the opthalmologist. (have the document with you) They are unable to, and are not checking for Lasik, but if you get ratted out, you can be fired.
-The company is hoping to settle the 49ers mess, but they are not hurting at all by the ban, as the full classes prove. As the economic situation is getting worse in N. America, they will have less and less to worry. Pilots need to feed their families and they will accept the job in a snap although they sympathize with the fired pilots. (That was the concensus of my group) If they (and I)were given the opportunity to join AOA and help the 49ers, would gladly do so.
-Put your application in, study the info on www.Aviationinterviews.com and consider the ramifications if you pass the interviews and accept the position.

GOOD LUCK!