PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2002, 00:18
HotDog
The Reverend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barry, your post about Airbus cabin doors is a total red herring to support your theories.

For other readers benefit, cabin doors on B747, Airbus and in fact all modern pressurized airplanes are plug type doors that cannot blow out like the cargo door scenario Barry describes in his diatribe.

The actual primary reason for the Airbus door accidents, was the fact that the crew having selected manual pressurization mode, did not ensure that the cabin was depressurized after landing. An indication of cabin pressure is readily available on the flight deck.

On 747 Classic airplanes where the flight engineer controls cabin pressurization, there is a decal on the pressurization control panel showing a maximum allowable cabin pressure of 0.11 psi on the ground as any pressure in excess of this figure would prevent the opening of cabin doors.

Barry,

If you want to list all the opinions of those who believe bombs and fuel tanks are exploding and causing 747s to crash, you will have a long list. To list the opinion of one who believes the cause is the same as United Airlines Flight 811 is a short list, me.
So the opinions and forensic evidence of thousands of experts in their field is of no consequence but the opinions of one person,you , is fact and gospel.

Ten missing bodies which were actively searched for on land and nine on sea is an important clue that they were not there to be found; they probably were sucked in and vaporized into bone fragments by engine three.
Ten bodies sucked into No.3 engine and pulverized? Barry, have you ever experienced a birdstrike or seen the damage to the fan blades as a result. I have and I can tell you that usually, enough bits are left over to be able to find the type of bird that did it. A human body can not get pulverized into bone fragments by being sucked into a turbo fan. Let alone ten of them!

On 747 plastic models the passenger doors are all marked while the cargo door outlines are missing
Oh my God, another attempt by the manufacturer to take the heat off those" pesky" cargo doors.

I’m tempted to say that engine number three fell apart from the other engines for Air India Flight 182 because one engine did fall apart and that engine was found near the engine number three strut, but...that does not make that engine the number three so I have to say probably engine number three.
Engines have serial numbers Barry, rest assured it was No.3.

Fires start, yaw dampers oscillate, cargo doors open, autopilots disconnect, attitude gyros spin down, and engines fall off, all actual symptoms of plane crashes which were blamed on oxygen cannisters starting on fire, sticky rudder valves, bombs, missiles suicidal pilots, fuel tank explosions, pilot error, and corroded fuse pins, symptoms which may have been caused by shorted wiring based on other similar accidents in which the aircraft returned more or less safely and the actual cause could be determined by the evidence and not guessed at with wishful thinking.
Once again you demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the 747 and use jargon to impress your (impressionable) audience

Last edited by HotDog; 23rd Aug 2002 at 01:31.