PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cattle Mustering incl Training, Job Prospects (!) etc etc
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 21:36
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks Ned, your pics are always a good tonic, I especially like the last one,
the cool breeze right on picanninay daylight, machine just lifting, past the palm tree, 5 degrees left bank settle down at heading 044 as track sits right on 028 as climb goes past 300 feet the air warms a touch, the brolgas dancing as one flies over, brumbies and cattle playing, but the old bulls as you show, barely glance sideways.

nostalgic pics of CSM i believe the last one of a stable of 23 operational '47's during it's peak, from the great NT Bell 47 temple.
these pics show it on the last day it did a commercial job before it headed south, didn't always be painted white, the personal hack of our illustrious chief pilot it used to be painted in the stars and stripes, reflecting his home state. (be great if someone could come up with a pic of it then)

be a good pic for the arifast thread, it being an ex airfast machine after the company, crowley airways??, was acquired by killen, part of a family of six or so CS's

yes Pandalet as Warragee mentions, Low Stress Stock Handling is the single greatest advance in safety, efficiency and customer satisfaction that our industry has had in the last twenty years. hard to believe that people still find reasons for ham fisted accidents. you can check out the origins of LSSH by googling for Bud Williams, with his wife Eunice a truly remarkable, nearly retired at about eighty, American couple.

it is a matter of gathering the confidence of the cattle, not blasting them, they then gather their calves and wander off in the direction away from where your gradual but regular bits of pressure are coming from, still chewing their cud if you do it right.
probably already part of an accomplished instructors repertoire i guess.
tet