PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 15:11
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However on the other side of the coin.

I have worked as a Captain for the same UK airline for the last 25 years. We were one of CTC's early partners and I have flown with many of CTC's cadet pilots from the very early days.

I have never failed to be impressed by the standard of those pilots who have joined us from this route, and what they lack in experience is to a significant extent made up for in their training background, CRM awareness, learning ability and general professionalism.

Many of our early cadets have not only gone on to become excellent captains, but many have gone further into training roles and more recently management positions.

As far as low hour/experience pilots is concerned we have only ever sourced from recognised training routes and particularly CTC. Outside of this route we have a minimum general requirement of around 2000 hours with at least 500 hours on jet or heavy turboprop equipment. There is no problem in finding candidates who meet those minimum requirements, and cadet pilots are always likely to come from training programmes that are recognised by our own training management and insurers.

These programmes are monitored carefully and designed to integrate with our normal career progressions.

In many respects we are no different from a lot of other companies who also from time to time operate similar schemes.

So would I recommend them? Based on my own long term experience of the end product. Yes!

Is there any guarantee of a job at the end of the course? No!