PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meaningless management drivel
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 09:31
Geezers of Nazareth

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When I worked in IT about a decade ago I was in an American owned company, and they loved all this 'corporate speak'. They sent over a senior director to give us a lecture on his plans for the future of the company, and it included a large number of examples of this 'corporate bullsh!t'.

One of the ideas that he spoke about was that we would all be working as 'teams' rather than as 'individuals', and he had 'designed' (wtf?) an easy mnemonic to help us remember what it all stood for - Together Everyone Achieves More.
As a parting-shot to his presentation he ended with "Remember, there's no 'I' in TEAM".

GofN, expecting a round of applause to cover any comments, said (rather loudly), "Yeah, but there's a 'U' in c&nt!".

Unfortunately, the round of applause for the speaker was not forthcoming, and my comments were heard by most of the back 9 rows of a 10-row audience, including my boss.

What followed could be best described as a "hat's off, no tea and biscuits" meeting with my boss and *his* boss, and a few weeks later with a "here's a P45" meeting.

But, in my defence, all my co-workers congratulated me on what I'd said, wishing that they'd said it too.