PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Managers: Mercenaries or Altruistics?
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 07:32
EY Spirit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Etihad Managers: Mercenaries or Altruistics?

At first, I was reluctant to join PPRUNE but after reading the comments and criticisms I could not help but join. It is hard to stay at a professional level in this forum as I have read in your posts. You can not lower yourselves any further. After all, the title of this website conflicts itself, professional and rumor, so you can not expect much from the members.

Moving along, I do not think Etihad will get any better with any expat as CEO. The only way is to hire a UAE national who will dearly care for the company. I know what you are thinking right now, UAE national? I have already read the many posts about the cadet pilots. And the way I see it, I think Vietnam Airlines is hiring.

Before you go on criticizing the nationals of this country that is feeding you and your families, look at the "smart and intelligent Europeans and Australians" who are robbing the airline to its very last cent. Better yet, let us not go very far. Let us criticize the captains flying in our fleet. I can name several captains who deserve to be fueling cars not flying airplanes!

Here are a few questions worth pondering about:
  1. How come there has not been any Arabs in the international cadet program?
  2. What is JH's approach by reconfiguring the A-320 to all economy seats? Last time I checked Etihad was not a low cost airlines! Or is this one of his ways to cover up his failures?
  3. How many more VPs will it take to break even?
That is all .........