PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot CV's and cover letters
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 05:11
Escape Path

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. Just like one chap from Colombia, who took tons of pics of himself in white shirt, hat etc all sorts, only for me to find out when he showed up for his PPL and beyond, that he only did some theory back in Colombia. Yeah, hard to believe.
As a Colombian, I'm embarrassed by blokes like this. Yet somehow, the world doesn't take most of us seriously . Interestingly though, I knew one of these specimens; a complete nut case: His email was his first name followed by "pilot" as was his Youtube channel, he pinned his shirt with every possible pin available to him including 767's and Polar Air Cargo's; an emotional train wreck...and what does he do now? He flies the F50 in the flag carrier because he knew someone whom the airline didn't want against them. Me? I "failed" the lie detector test...by telling the truth, just because I trusted the interviewer and she scared the bejesus out of me

I read up on the so-called lie detector after that to never ever make the same mistake again. Makes for some interesting bedtime reading if you ever have to take that bloody piece of