PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you can't beat em JUST LEAVE!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 20:40
togabutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post HEY HEY HEY!!!

Folks, I had no idea that so many others felt the same way. Hope that I will be able to have a couple of beers with some of you over here in the USA soon. I have only been here a month and a half, but the levels of efficiency are quite impressive. I am not that naive to think or believe that this country (the USA) is perfect, but my wife is smiling more and my son is incredibly happy in his new school. I don't have to think rand-dollar exchange unless I am going back to SA for a holiday and then it is all good news. I have left behind all my mates, family and a land that I will always love, but I am making more mates here and the beer is not THAT bad.

I have to laugh when I think what we use to pay for rent (in dollars) in Angola when I flew on UN/Red Cross etc contracts and what I pay now. I pay less than a third of what those ******s demanded (and got) from the UN etc and I get 10 times more. AND it works - don't need a diesel genny here as back up. Bloody hell I still remember those genny days in the Sudan!!!

Anyone contemplating the move. GO FOR IT!!!!! Its tough, but folks here are being good to us and flying here is great! The life style is good and I wont be back to SA unless its to see my mates or family!! PM me if you wish to get in touch