PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF into Esp and others??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 03:46
XRlent320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Q400 is perfect for GEL. LEA is more of a Jet route therefore i don't see QF bringing over the 400 just for GEL. If they had of got ESP and ABA they may have thought about it but with GEL the only route suitable I don't think we'll see them here.

The 717 is already an established operation in WA and LEA will fit in nicely with that network. My thoughts are that sending a 717 to GEL would be just as cheap as setting up a brand new base for the Q400.

VB by signing the MOU with XR have effectively just been granted access to ESP, ABA, GEL, LEA and probably CAR, MJK and Kalbarri too.
That's quite a nice little WA network which can all be booked through the VB website.

There's nothing stopping VB entering the GEL market however with Ejets not suited to that route i dare say that they'll steer clear. Before you all crow about F100's not being suited to the route either you're all correct, an F100 will burn about 1.5 to 2 tonne versus 500kg on the 50. Skywest are only sending jets because the GEL people believe they deserve a Jet otherwise I think XR would be happy to continue with 10 or so F50 flts a day.