PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Age 60 Limit To End
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2010, 03:23
767-300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms/Miss EngineLeftFire

The only reason that this whole issue is in front of the CHRT and the CIRB is because of several greedy pilots from ACPA shrouding themselves in the cloak of "human rights"...full stop.

The AC pilot's pension plan language has been there years, and guess what, it was never declared illegal by anyone...it's only a problem when someone complains... The CHRT wasn't going around looking in Collective Agreements to see if every clause was in compliance with the legislation.

I take no lessons from CUPE, and frankly anyone who does, should be a little ashamed of themselves. CUPE, the union that would bankrupt Air Canada if they got their way by ensuring that Service Directors get pay equity with First Officers...need anyone say anymore?

Let's just review where we are....

Fly til You Die group promised or was promised, return to work for V & K, punitive damages, willful and reckless damages, $big payouts, and a cease and desist order for all future retirements, and a legal precedent.....

What did they get? return to work for V & K, no damages for pain and suffering, no willfull/reckless damages, no cease and desist order and no legal precedent....

It will be interesting to see where this goes...and unlike the 'fly til ya die' sycophants I make no prognostications, I will wait for the courts to decide...and I am not holding my breath on this.