PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 21:59
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E of R & G-AWDU

Another "Oh my Gawd" simply because the colour scheme on Brantly G-AWDU is as she was when I owned her in the 1970s but presumably since repainted ... And just checked my log book to find I bought her on 10th October 1977. An entry shows I later demo'd her in March 1978 to a certain Wing Commander Cobb who I think was the buyer. I delivered her to the customer at Battersea.

The 'full & free' check did not produce a blade contact with the bubble and I seem to recall that the actual clearance was in the order of 9 inches or say 225 mm in old money.

Here's another for the memory boxes. Did anyone on here fly the Helicopjet? I think she was registered F-HMSX or similar. I did a 'tethered' air test at Issy heliport on the 'Periferique' around 1976 ish. The type was a four-seater built from two Panhard CT24 cabins (floor and roof panels) with four 'tip thrust' blades ... a la Fairey Rotodyne ... driven by a the Djinn jet engine. I recall the engine was started by a hand pull on a cabin interior mounted 50cc 2 stroke engine! I've got a picture somewhere if people become interested. I believe only one was built and it was orange!

Just another titbit from this mine of useless information.

Regards to all 'Nostalgia' addicts. Dennis Kenyon.