PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash off the coast of Newfoundland - 18 aboard, March 2009
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 21:53
maxwelg2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxwelg2, were you told about the latest AD?

Is this the other S-92 (here coming by boat after a fuel tank was damaged)?:
Sox6, nope, but as I only fly offshore very infrequently I'm not normally privy to this information unless I request it through the operators. I didn't see anything on Searose on the safety bulletin board wrt. ADs, I'll make some enquiries and find out if Robert Wells's recommendation is being rolled out during safety meetings only.

I only saw the latest MRGB AD via this forum.

I know on Hibernia there is a book up outside heli-admin that has all ADs and copies of correspondence between Cougar and HMDC. To my knowledge this was a consequence of numerous requests from offshore workers during departmental safety meetings.

Zalt, the Cougar NL S92 SAR has the dark blue stripe. Question, how would an offshore heli crew know that the tanks had been over-pressurised, via the PIC? What impact would that then have on the helo's return flight?

The helo I saw on Tuesday and yesterday with the red stripe had the main rotor fully re-assembled and was sitting in the same spot as last Tuesday, so I would guess that it is the Greenland one post-repair but IMO it is not currently kitted out for SAR duty as I didn't see any hoist or FLIR installed on it albeit it was tucked behind the SAR-equipped S61 so I may be wrong there. I recall seeing a post a while back on the Greenland contract but can't recall if there was a SAR equipped stipulation and where the A/C were to be based.

Safe flying

Max