PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First solo today...
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 17:38
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear oh dear!! Seems im caught in the headlights yet again!

To clarify, I am indeed just pulling Lou's leg. My comparison between the OP's achivements and my own were intended to only highlight how it matters not one wit when someone solos (in my own view of course). There are far too many variables in Private Flying no two people are flying at the same airport, the same routes, in the same airspace, with the same instructor, with the same weather, using the same runway/circuit. Therefore hours to solo, as I said previously (although it seems to have been overlooked) means absolutely dick!

SoCal, allow me to dig here also:

Unlikely - just go back and read some of his prior posts.
I'm crushed!! I am not trying to impress anyone. As far as aviation goes there are too many great people who have come before us all that to try and 'impress' anyone would be folly.
Then in another post 3 months back he asked a question "Whats an AIP?"
Do you honestly believe anyone here firstly, does not know what the AIP is, and secondly would have the brass to ask on one of the forums most infamous for flaming? Surely I would have consulted Google?
It is also worth pointing out in the same thread that another member came back and replied to my 'question' "Something produced by the AIS", the topic was discussing abbreviations!!

I do apologise to the OP firstly if he himself was offended by my post, perhaps the message could have been better constructed had I have had more time to convey my congratulations. It was indeed tongue in cheek. Secondly I would like to apologise to the OP for the slight drift but when my intentions are questioned and my previous posts taken out of context I think it is only fair I speak for myself.

I say again, Well done that man!!