PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe future recruitment???
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2010, 10:17
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair enough. However, that's not the norm for every RYR FO. And as you yourself already admitted it's not the norm for you either.

With regards to the Flybe deal, yes, agreed, they might not get paid as much as you do. On the other hand, they do have all the goodies on top of their SALARY an airline pilot should have given the skills aquired and investment made.

IMHO, the big difference between RYR and established airlines is they (RYR) leave it entirely up to the individual what to do with his pay whereas other airlines pay a lower salary but remunerate stuff on top. But let's not forget there are a lot of guys at RYR not even getting paid that in the slow months and badly struggling to make end's meet. I'm real glad I did not have to take that route.

Personally, I favor having a salary less yours but an employer making the investment of paying for my TR and paying me when I get sick, take leave, etc. Let's not forget, the more a company invests in you the less likely they are to show you the door unless they really have to.