PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - We are now working for the Chinese now!
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 20:55
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh dear, how you disappoint Clondnine

Oh dear, how you disappoint Clondnine. You can use expletives as much as you like, you will simply never make it as an internet bully here. Your reply does little to promote the case for Air China Cargo (ACC). Did ACC teach you such skills during their new-hire CRM class? - unfortunately, there is no CRM class at ACC.

You appear to be embedded in a thick cloud of confusion on several points. Perhaps you can navigate your way through it using the LVP training given to you by ACC - unfortunately, there is no LVP training at ACC - ( be sure not to go below those 600rvr/800viz minimums this winter, Austro Control may be looking to inspect your LVP/Cat2 Qualification Certificate ).

You seem preoccupied with facts. You will agree then, it is a FACT that ACC do not conduct industry standard, ICAO required training.

It is a FACT that the new ACC Captains recruited in February had to sign a lease for an apartment in order to be issued a Residence Visa. Ask the Irish Captain at ACC to confirm this for you.

It is a FACT that ACC used an apartment instead of a hotel in FRANKFURT. As stated, pilots had to take their own clean towels and wash the bedding of the prior occupant, plus suffer the incessant smoking of the Chinese crew. Ask one of the Korean Captains at ACC to confirm this for you.

Perhaps the Chinese have embarrassed themselves into changing the apartment in FRA for more suitable accommodation for the ACC pilots. The 330 guys all refused the apartment accommodation from the beginning.

It is a FACT that ACC have a ‘punishment scheme’ in place where money is deducted from your salary. Ask one of the South American Captains to confirm this for you. A couple of them have been already been ‘punished’.

By the way, ALL the Air China expat 330 Captains totally rejected the ‘punishment scheme’. To have accepted it would have been tantamount to masochistic prostitution.

Clondnine, to further educate you and perhaps recover you from your hypnotic, confused state, I suggest you talk to the Australian Captain at ACC and ask him to enlighten you on these facts. While you are at it, ask him if he and the other Captains who joined ACC 4-years ago, are still commuting home monthly on Air China for free, while the new Captains are told they must go home at their own expense, during the short European and US layovers - which are subject to change.

The Air China Cargo and Air China regimes are of course communist, where everyone is equal, however, at Air China Cargo it is apparent that some people are more equal than others.

Clondnine, it is unfortunate that you have chosen to defend, indeed promote, the appalling contract at Air China Cargo rather than criticize it, to the benefit of those who might be deceived into joining or possibly improve the conditons for you and your colleagues. What can your agenda possibly be, a 'full' Captain position perhaps? I hope this will not also involve inserting your nose into smelly places. Please do try and retain some dignity and self respect.

How is the FACT of that "quality of life" roster, published on a Saturday for the following 7-days, working out for you?

With all these facts, I've lost my appetite. Please start breakfast without me.

DB