PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA CPL Conversion Exams
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 20:30
sunnyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The DGCA does have mood swings every session....and they usually don't repeat the same pattern inorder to catch us unawares! ... That's why the pass percentage sucks!

Guys some changes in the exams eligibility criteria....With the "cut and paste texts" problems that the DGCA guys have, I am not sure if the changes are for real. But it does look like they may have taken out the criteria for ground school before taking the exams, because I don't see it mentioned! ?? No flying hours either in the case of cpl (not cplcg). That's a big change if it is true...

http://www.dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B1.pdf

7. Requirements for appearing in various Flight Crew License Examinations:
An applicant who is desirous of appearing in Flight Crew License Examinations for issue of a category of license should meet the following requirements.
SPL/ FRTOL-R/ GPL
The applicant should have passed a minimum 10th standard or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.
Private Pilot Licence (PPL):
The applicant should have
1. A Computer Number allotted by CEO, DGCA
2. Passed Class Ten or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
The applicant should have
1. A Computer Number allotted by CEO, DGCA
2. Passed Class 10+2 standard examination with Physics & Mathematics as subjects from a recognized Board/ University or its equivalent examination
ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License):
The applicant should have Indian Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) with multi-engine endorsement or a minimum of 500 hours of flying experience of which
8 CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENT SECTION 7 SERIES’B’ PART I 12TH NOVEMBER, 2010
at least 200 hours should be as Pilot-in-Command in case of Defence Personnel.
Conversion of Pilots License issued by Foreign Authorities
The applicant should have:
(a) Computer Number issued by CEO, DGCA.
(b) Passed 10+2 standard examination with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized Board/ University or its equivalent examination.
(c) Pilot License issued by ICAO Contracting State for the respective category for which application is made.