PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Beware the Camera
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 14:36
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had the Pilot been as reckless as you are trying to make out , then some quivering wreck of a pax may well have been justified in making a complaint, but as they did no such thing , then why are you getting all red under the collar
Sorry Peter but I have to side with Epiphany (on the understanding that the footage did show a degree of 'over-exuberance' - I haven't seen it myself). Just because the pax didn't complain about the pilot's flying doesn't mean that the pilot is innocent - how many pax would know whether a pilot on a pleasure flight was going too far or not? People scream with excitement/nerves on a rollercoaster, but they're safe in the knowledge that they won't come to any harm; whether the helo pax were screaming or not, they would have had no idea that they were potentially quite close to disaster until the aircraft had crashed (just see the appalling tale of the RAF Puma crash at Catterick in 2007).

I can't say for sure whether this pilot was being reckless, but his defence of "I've been flying for over 5 years" doesn't fill me with confidence about his attitude...presumably if he is the innocent victim here, the tour operator will re-instate him without delay...