PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus prepares safety warnings following A321 incident
Old 21st Nov 2010, 14:07
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never flown FBW but have jumpseated with the sidestick boys and it makes me nervous. Not modulating your own bank angle and putting your own back pressure into the turns Means Manual Law skills are lost after a time, doesn't it? But they all have faith in the design of their machine, something that I am in short supply of the last few years regarding the industry's over-reliance on automation.
At least that was my observation: that illogical reverence for a bunch of software code was committed on a daily basis by the Airbus Cult. "It's Advanced! It's Advanced!" they would all sing in unison. While I was impressed with the power-to-weight performance of these light twins as compared to the older heavy boeings, I sure was not impressed with any of the automation. So I just turned it all off and hand flew it. It was a predictable decent flying airplane when you operated it at the lowest level of automation: da pilot.
Not sure I follow your prose on this one.

as for
byte check
, if someone is signing that in your tech log i'd seriously question any other work they've carried out.

All very strange for one post