PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAPA Members Condemn Cathay Pacific Management's Unprecedented Actions Toward Pilots
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 14:58
VR-HFX

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been in this company more than 20 years. I have seen what was and I have seen what is. My views have been expressed before, so I will not repeat them again.

I have also seen HK for more years than the 20+ in CX.

Many may have seen the references on BBC and whatever other news agency, Nothing more than sound bites on a gwailo TV station. Tomorrow's fish wrappers.Do we seriously think that Gov Chris Patten, the gurkhas and the corgis will come back to help.

The CAPA rhubard and the IFALPA rhubarb do one thing and one thing only...provide false hope to to those in the company that think it will actually achieve anything.

We are now in a commodity business. Negotiate with what we have and forget the dreamtime. CX and Swire have always shown a proclivity to share profits. The only way we can share is to get a seat at the table.

Shortly and I may disagree on a few things but we agree on most of the rest. The reason is that we have both been around for a long time.

If the AOA wants to turn the clock back and get a seat at the table they have to do the following:

1.Apologise for saying that Adrian is an unfit person to run the company.
2. Nigel has to go as nice a guy as he is. First, I guess he has to realise he is an impediment not a lightouse of hope. He has always said he would evacuate the premises if he thought he was in the way. Well if he can't get a meeting with DT in the next month...he is and he should.
3. Findlay has to go.

The 49'ers issue is a hugely uniting cause in the pilot body both with AOA members and non-members. The only serious way to resolve this issue and get a hearing is to show the other cheek. As I said before, the company fears a united body a whole lot more then a divided one. The other cheek is the best strategy.