PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 02:05
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bearfoil, I am mainly suggesting that it is premature to buy into a conspiracy of silence. The downside is too great given the probability of exposure. There may come a time when it's proper to consider such things. Let's first dismiss most other probabilities.

One interesting thought was fed to me in a convention session this past week. Different cultures think differently and have different "blinders" on. I remember reading of some relatively recent research that indicates some of this is "language" blinders. For example, with most European languages you're forced to convey a sense of "sex" with each object you describe. The article showed how this appeared to affect architecture. They drew a comparison between the gender of the word "bridge" and the form of bridge commonly built by the culture. This effect could affect the BEA experts to dismiss some things that should not be dismissed. Can we dismiss that potential before we jump in to indict BEA for conspiracy?

(It MAY be time for BEA to listen to talented outsiders to give them more (idiotic as well as good) ideas to dismiss in their searches for clues and causes.)

Conspiracy is a very serious charge (at least in North America for the most part.) As such the charge of conspiracy must be associated with strong evidence rather than mere "it looks like" and (as with 911 Truthers) faulty "common sense physics" which more resembles "cartoon physics." You're welcome to the BEA conspiracy theory. Just please be prepared to be vigorously challenged to prove it if anyone cares to push it very much.

In the total time I've been reading these threads conspiracy by BEA to withhold evidence and not find other evidence has been brought forward many times - never with a nice clear solid argument in support of the accusations. Please bring evidence of a smoking gun.

{^_^}