PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - At Last - A Voice of Reason
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2010, 01:38
Monorail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The cheapest one, I'll take my chances, as I do every day when I get into my car, a young driver may lose control of his/her vehicle and snuff me out in a moment, if your time is up, it's up, you have no say in the matter.

If the fuel tanks on QF32 ignited, it doesn't matter how many hours the tech crew have, the result would have been the same.
Well, there you have it folks. I certainly hope you aren't in the LHS.

I also appreciate that these people were talking about normal operations but I suggest that any new FO is going to be in the same boat when it comes to an emergency because their training for that is going to be at the same level whatever their background.

Wrong. There are levels of understanding. Years of flying leads to osmosis of sorts about aircraft systems, their interoperability, ATC, and the environment you are flying in. Even if the aircraft itself is different. Yes, flying a glass cockpit jet is a big leap from a GA type aircraft. This is the advantage of having new hires spend a few years as an S/O - start the osmosis before its you under the pump on a dark and stormy night.