PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 18:45
wes_wall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think that I buy into any conspiracy theory, but more one of actions. My concern over BEA’s procedures reverts back to when the accident occurred. Whenever an airplane goes down in the ocean, the first few days of search and rescue are critical. Each day afterward increases the difficulty exponentially as the footprint of sunken debris can shift, deteriorate, move around, and become covered. It is therefore paramount that all possible effort and resource be devoted immediately to the task of locating the site. Underwater detection capabilities is best achieved by the military, yet no request to Governments which obviously have this capability was made. The British claim that their subs while sitting in the UK have equipment that can detect a ship that is leaving New York harbor. To me it appears that the BEA took more of an attitude of job ownership (and pride), rather than at best humbly request outside resources which could have been made available. The precious time to find the airplane lingered, on and on and on. I fear there is every likelihood the site will never be located, not after such a long period. I hope that I am wrong.