PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-Flight reconfiguring Airframe Rotor Disc Control
Old 20th Nov 2010, 18:02
davh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
latest

Been a while since I worked on my CF prototype. Had foot operation/shock wave treatment to treat bone spur.....too much Infantry stuff and years of humping a ruck sack. I'm having issues with the gear hub.......fabing one...miss having my lathe. So, took a break from it and went back to the mock up again. Shortened the vertal fin and horizontal stab and drilled the tail boom to make it lighter. Working 3 projects at one time so I am way behind. A friend of mine who served in Iraq with me is working with me on an "Anti Torque Recovery System" (ATRS) for tail rotor failure. The particulars are going to be kept in the dark for a while. It's an idea that I came up with a couple of years ago and he was always a "trusty worthy" person I could show my ideas to. He made a suggestion about one part, so I made him a co-inventer. He's at Purdue getting schooled in aerodynamics, but his knowledge and input for this design was prior to his attending Purdue. He's also racking some flight time in fixed wing. More to follow.