PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many hours do YOU fly per year?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 13:21
Vortex what...ouch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don’t have my logbook with me but I have about 200TT. Type rated on the R22 (which I started on) Jetranger (which is almost better than sex and much more expensive) and the R44, which is cheaper than the Jetranger but better than a 22.

After getting my licence I did the other type ratings. Then did some mountain flying. Next was a trip to the West Coast of Ireland then up over Wales and Snowdonia. After that was some flying up and down the country visiting friends and a lot of confined area landings at previously unknown sites. Then another trip to Ireland with 4 other helicopters. Earlier this year 4 aircraft flew to the French Alps around Mont Blanc for some skiing and the most spectacular flying I have ever done. More recently took my girlfriend to the peak district and flew around there most of the weekend.

Next planned trip is to the Netherlands.

I have tried to do more than just visit another airfield for coffee and a sandwich every other weekend. Experience wise it has been fantastic. I have no qualms about transiting London or crossing international FIRs and such like. Flying has become a real joy as my ability and confidence has grown. Still a very long way to go though.

Paid for it all myself. About 55-60 hours turbine (ouch) and the rest evenly split between R22 and 44. Shocking when you add the cost of that lot up not to mention associated cost