PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 10:54
Scu403

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open days

Hello,
I have a question. It's the first time I'm applying to Emirates so I don't know well how it works. Some time ago I sent my application online and, following advice on this forum, I put a UK address because I didn't see any upcomming recruitment days where I live and I wanted to attend to an AD/OD soon, anyways I didn't know where I would be living at this time... Later I received an e-mail inviting me to the open day in Newcastle. I was going to buy the flight to go there, but considering that due to my height it's really difficult that they accept me, also I'm not in a good situation as to spend all the money to go there and then back if they call me for the interview... and I saw they'll do an open day in Dusseldorf on Dec.11th, which is very close to where I live now... so I applied online to that OD but so far I got no reply.
As it isn't an AD, just OD, so it would mean that everyone can turn up... do you know if I can just go to Dusseldorf with my CV, photos and all? Or will I miss my chance now if I don't go to Newcastle? Do you have to be invited to go to open days for them?
thank you