PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NZALPA Tiki Tour
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 07:23
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B B B
ALPA supporting both sides of arguments that will inevitably have a winner and loser (eg retirement age) - a line in the sand needs to be drawn.
To some extent ALPA are on a hiding to nothing on this issue, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Remember also that it is unlawful in New Zealand to discriminate on age so they have to be careful how they tread on this issue.

Do you suppose that this very topic might have been one raised with other fellow organisations during the trip. Maybe , just maybe they will come home with some new perspectives on this.

Having non Air NZ / ATC ALPA members leading to poor support for those members (ie jetconnect / pac blue) due to the inevitable conflicts due to the fact that Air NZ and these other airlines are in DIRECT competition.
Sorry you lost me here and I cannot see for the life of me where any conflicts come from. It's quite standard all over the world for one pilot group to act for pilots from various companies in direct competition to each other. From what I have heard ALPA has been quite successful in helping Jetconnect/PacBlue pilots.

Aussie Guy

I have to agree with you. It's not often I get to agree with an Aussie.