PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HRH Flt Lt Wales
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2010, 05:20
GreenKnight121

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CelineP
Congratulations to Kate and Wills! Best wishes for them. I really like this couple. The memories of Princess Diana are being relived especially since the couple broke their silence on their engagement. I am reminded of Princess Di's dedication to help the people. She is one remarkable woman. I just hope that this marriage will not have the same fate as that of Wills' parents.
Consider the contrasts...

Charles and Diana met in July 1980, and the engagement was made 7 months later.

William and Kate have been together as friends for about 8 years, and have dated for 7 of those.

Charles never wanted to marry Diana... he admitted in a taped interview that he only went through with it because of strong pressure from his father. Before the wedding he allegedly told a friend "I don't love her, but she has the best qualities".

William and Kate have stayed together despite deliberate efforts of Palace functionaries to break them up.

Charles maintained contact with Camilla during the engagement, which caused Diana severe distress.

William and Kate tried to go their separate ways (3 years ago), but couldn't stand not being together.

I believe William and Kate's marriage is on a far, far stronger foundation, and is built of far superior material, than that of Charles and Diana.