PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 23:52
p_perez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am deliberately leaving out any reference to the very few exceptionally good spanish controllers who were quoted to "earn" cerca 800 or 900k per year. But can one of you please start to try to explain why you think the "average" spanish controller at somewhere close to 300k per year is worth 4 times more than the average controller anywhere else in the world ?
It´s is very easy to understand if you put aside any biased attitude:

1.- The "average 300k" (which our union USCA has denied repeatedly) comes from the the same Spanish minister that is using Spanish ATCO´s as scapegoats to avoid explaining why a company (AENA) that was profitable until 2006, grows a debt by 2010 (in only 5 years!!!) of 13.000 million € (= 13.000.000.000 €); just to compare, that´s almost half of the amount used by EU for the bailout of the economy of Greece. Where did all this money go?? Not to our fellow ATCO´s pockets!!

2.- When the false amount of 300k is used as an argument, comparing it to the salaries of other European ATCO´s, not a single time the hours worked per year are also mentioned. In EU, the average is 1350 hrs. a year, which also include training. We in Spain have been working an average over 1700+ a year (no traning included, 500+ hrs. of voluntary overtime). Overtime was AENA´s decision instead of training more ATCO´s, and of course it had to be better paid than basic/ordinary hrs., no?

I have repeated this information several (in fact, MANY!!!) times, but it has been ignored because I´m afraid there is no interest to leave aside the bias that sadly is present when information is manipulated with so much skill. It´s human nature!

Saludos!

Last edited by p_perez; 22nd Nov 2010 at 21:34.