PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Warning: Beware the Camera
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 22:53
canterbury crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have seen the footage

In my opinion the flying wasn't aerobatic but without a doubt he was performing steep turns with passengers purely for their excitement (not sure if they were screams of excitement or fear) below 200ft (I have also seen CASA's detailed report). I should also note I am not an expert witness or even too sure what I would define as aerobatic manoeuvers.

As for the rest of the charges it should have been a no brainer. Casa will never get more evidence in a case where a crash has not occured than the footage they had and as for not finding an expert witness they cant have tried very hard (his employer would suffice).

To sum up I feel he should have had some action taken against him even if only to deter others from similar actions. As he has not been found guilty he should be entitled to recieve compensation for legal expenses if only to force CASA to show some balls in the future.

His loss of job was due to his employer seeing the footage so should receive nothing for this.

And no I'm not perfect either (see I started a sentence with and). Nor do I dissagree with Epiphany's opinion, I just have my own.