PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 medical and ear problems!
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 20:46
mrhaydon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 1 medical and ear problems!

Hi all, i've always longed to become a commercial pilot and i've always had a real passion for aviation and flying. I've my PPL and am at the stage when i am able to go solo, however, i have no medical!

I would like to go down the integrated route but again, i want my Class 1 medical before i proceed with the applications.

The one thing that has been holding me off is my current condition with my ear, in my left ear i have a chronic ear infection called cholesteatoma and no where on the internet that i can find tells me whether i can gain my class 1 medical with this infection. I know the RAF do not accept anyone with cholesteatoma but from the information i've got, i've came ot the conclusion that i can still get my class 1 medical with cholesteatoma as long as i pass the hearing tests.

If someone can please confirm this for me and tell me what they are looking for in the hearing tests so i can go to the doctors and get a hearing test to see if i'll be in a good enough condition to pass!

Thanks to anyone that posts on this thread

"Blue skies and tailwinds"

Haydon