PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BHX closed due accident
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 18:28
seagull2200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't panic the press are involved.....

Quote from sky news

Quote:
Warwickshire and Northamptonshire Air Ambulance, which was called to the scene, said its crew found the pilot trapped in the burning wreckage.
"The air ambulance pilot entered the plane and used his aviation and technical knowledge to locate and cut the fuel supply to the engine," it said.

What a load of
How on earth would you know ...where you there? If previous reports are correct in that the chopper had to wait for debris to be cleared - let alone any other reason, is it not viable that they had shut down?

Would it then not be possible, that IF the chopper pilot DID see something that he or she could do from their knowledge of aircraft to assist in someone remaining alive, that they would have done it - would you or I not do that?

I understand that 'on the face of it' due to our bureaucratically-conditioned perspectives as a result of the 'Health & Safety' mob, this could look incredible, due to that act not being 'in their remit'... Personally though, if lives are at risk and there's something i could do about it, then i'll deal with bureaucracy later.

All people who fly are hero's in my book... those who manage to get a plane down in those conditions with what may seem to have been possibly a serious issue even before they landed, are to be respected greatly.