PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier Down
Thread: Harrier Down
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2002, 10:49
Oh I See

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flap62

Have looked long and hard for chips; none found. While looking for the chips I did realise that my post was too brief to convey my point without causing offence and for that I apologise.

So what was my point?

Some one manufactures and then someone else fits the components, which go into the aircraft that we fly. If it’s not normal operating hazard (birds etc) then sadly it will end up at someone’s door.

To go “off piste” for a bit, this is, as has been said many times before, a rumour network. If you want to speculate about this sort of thing you cannot select what is to be called into question. That is if you wish to have a unbiased debate of course.

I seem to remember similar problems with the “SU 27 air show crash” thread when some posters took offence at areas of speculation over matters of taste. There have even been accusations that some posters are considering the mil forum to be RAF centred and are willing to debate failings in other nations aircrew and not RAF aircrew.

This is not a view that I hold however it is not hard to see how people are coming to these conclusions.

Last edited by Oh I See; 22nd Aug 2002 at 10:52.