PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin recruiting soon...
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2010, 10:46
stansdead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Likewise

I joined in 2006 and left in 2009 under voluntary redundancy. I was asked if I'd like to reapply for my old job (mistakenly, I thought I'd just be told "hi, how are you? how was that management Command you held down whilst you've been away from our stumbling business? Let's not make this chat too quick, HR may be suspicious, have another biscuit etc, OK that's long enough, welcome back")

So, I thought that perhaps I may go back, but then it became obvious that I'd have to undergo a load of psycho babble and touchy feely stuff.

Not for me thanks, I was meant to attend for assessment a day or two ago. I wrote on a day before saying thanks, but no thanks.

Remember, I'd already done the job for them and had an A340 rating, oh I also have an A330 rating too - but I'd better be put through the mill just in case.

I've no idea if they'll be about in 10 years time, but I'm not prepared to be treated like a total novice forever.

There is absolutely NO chance of a quick Command in Virgin Atlantic. If you're happy with that and like the idea of lonely bullet trips and constant jet lag, then I hope you get my place.

Good luck to everyone - but be aware what you're signing up for.

Last edited by stansdead; 19th Nov 2010 at 11:00.